Eddie, sorry for my late response. I agree with you that IF a legal transaction
occurred and the Goa or India govt. is trying to reverse it, I would be
outraged. But I question HOW MANY of these real estate transactions by British
nationals in Goa were legal.

Given the illegal cesspool of Goan real estate "development", where illegal
permits are obtained, land usurped, illegal hill-cutting, illegal
constructions, bribes paid at various levels, property intentionally not sold
to local Goans but only to foreigners and non-Goans, it is difficult for me to
believe than more than a handful (and I am being generous here) of these
British national transactions were legal.

Also difficult for me to believe the British nationals were innocent parties to
these transactions and were unaware of the illegalities listed in the paragraph
above - they are not THAT naive. Just call up some of the
builders/sellers/agents in the UK of these Goan properties and they will
immediately inform you how to circumvent the law. I do not need to inform you
that Goa has quite a few unscrupulous real-estate lawyers and real-estate
agents in cahoots with and under the patronage of Goan politicians.

How many of these builders/sellers/agents who advertise on Goan websites and
who come to London at the Tourism mart, comply with the law?

Regards,
George