* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *

Sangath, www.sangath.com, is looking to build a centre for services, training
and research and seeks to buy approx 1500 to 2000 sq mtrs land betweeen Mapusa
and Bambolim and surrounding rural areas. Please contact: contac...@sangath.com
or yvo...@sangath.com or ph+91-9881499458
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2009-July/180028.html

The following three write-ups on the '10-year-old maid and her monstrous
employers'
appeared in yesterday's Herald newspaper:

Torture on minor girl echoes in house

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=25300&cid=26

Forensic test reveals grievous injuries

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=25299&cid=26

Children's Court to hear police plea today

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=25298&cid=26

Now that the matter has been raised in the Goa Legislative Assembly, let us
hope and
pray the case will receive the appropriate attention and the culprit(s) charged
and
punished as per the law.

The recent case of serial killer, Mahanand Naik, who is alleged to have killed
sixteen innocent girls had already startled Goans.  And now we have educated
people
resorting to inhuman treatment of innocent child-maid.  It reminds me of the
good
old Konkani saying:  "Xikon brut!"  (Though educated, uncouth")

Moi-mogan,

Domnic Fernandes
Anjuna, Goa
Mob: 9420979201