* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *

Sangath, www.sangath.com, is looking to build a centre for services, training
and research and seeks to buy approx 1500 to 2000 sq mtrs land betweeen Mapusa
and Bambolim and surrounding rural areas. Please contact: contac...@sangath.com
or yvo...@sangath.com or ph+91-9881499458
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2009-July/180028.html

You got that right, Al.  And Churchill made it to the North-West thanks to the
chemin-de-fer, later the Bombay, Baroda and Central India, or BBCI Railroad,
built by Parsee and Goan fitters trained by Jessup, Richardson Cruddas and
Greaves Cotton.   eric.

--- On Sun, 8/2/09, Alfred de Tavares <alfredtava...@hotmail.com> wro

"At that time I had a pair of a half-rat-powered goanese servants,
brought at a great expense from down country, who, the moment
hostilities broke out, presented themselves with telegrams reporting
deaths of their mother & father respectively."

OBS: Before Cecil acuses me with misquoting...let me confess I am
quoting from 50- plus year old memory...but, the gist is pukkah!