                       August 20 - WORLD GOA DAY
    Celebrating the inclusion of Konkani in the 8th schedule of the
                Indian Constitution on August 20, 1992

For a list of World Goa Day events see:

                                http://worldgoaday2009.blogspot.com

I feel that cranks can get away with attacking artists because the common
public
simply are not given the chance to decide for themselves on these contentious
issues. This happened with The Satanic Verses and Da Vinci Code
controversies.The
same is happening with the Hussein and Kerkar controversies. Accusations are
being
made which no one has any opportunity of checking for themselves. I think that
we
should test my statement. Is it possible for all the Press and Electronic media
present the controversial Hussein and Kerkar art works and ask their readers /
viewers to state whether they find them offensive? Kerkar's works are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16988...@n06/sets/72157622081402776/. Augusto
Pinto 40,
Novo Portugal, Moira, Bardez, Goa, India E pinto...@gmail.com or
ypinto...@yahoo.co.in P 0832-2470336 M 9881126350