Two new showrooms/office spaces, double height (135 sq m each with bath)
for lease in upscale Campal/Miramar beach area, Panaji, Goa.
Contact: goaengineer...@aol.com

Goa's Very Own First Goan Swine Flu Victim

Swine Flu devours it's first Goan victim, a happy family of four,
father, mother, son and daughter, shattered and devastated. She was the
heartbeat of the family, a loving daughter to her parents, a loving and
affectionate sister to her brother and a well loved and liked young girl
buy the villagers. While the whole village is grieving, we can now only
pray for comfort and strength for the family and a heavenly abode for
Diana.

A visit to her cousin's place in Margao was all the bubbly young girl
had done and death was the price she paid.  Diana, I knew her from her
birth, as her mother was a next door neighbour, saw her grow up into a
bubbly young lady, full of life and ever smiling, her's was the first
house coming into our village and most often than not, on my visit back
home, would be greeted by her smiling face and a courteous and
respectful "hello uncle". Or a wave of her arm from the balcony of her
house.

Diana's  passing away will not only be a loss to her family, but to the
entire Nuem community, she was full of life and cheer, very hard
working,  always respectful towards the elders and ever smiling. Such a
young girl, crudely done in by what we call destiny, we have no answers
to the why's and how's, all that we know is, a good young girl has been
taken away from us. We will certainly miss you Diana.

When she fell sick the whole village had visited her at the Chinchinim
hospital, people and relatives kept on visiting her even after it was
confirmed that she had Swine Flu, the whole village prayed together for
her recovery, but if was not to be so, she was called back to her
heavenly abode in the her prime of her life.

Nearly every day calls were made by our villagers from here in the UAE
and were told that she was improving and responding and were indeed
happily praying for her full recovery, then on Sunday at 8:45, I
received a call saying that Diana was no more, I just went blank and
silent, how could this happen ? Just the night before I had spoken to
her cousin at the hospital and was told that she was improving, the news
paper reports too had said the same. The day after her death there were
reports in the press that she did not respond to any treatment from day
one, so how come there were conflicting reports in the news papers ?

This unfortunate incident has indeed shaken our community and it will
take a long time for the sighs to turn to laughter, and may her death
bring the once happy, united community even closer in this tragedy,
Adeus dear Daian, see you up there, some day.

Freddy Agnelo Fernandes