Two new showrooms/office spaces, double height (135 sq m each with bath)
for lease in upscale Campal/Miramar beach area, Panaji, Goa.
Contact: goaengineer...@aol.com

>From the Herald website
PANJIM, SEPT 7
It was the first day of work for 54-year-old Joe
Fernandes at The Siesta Food Mart in North Houston, USA. He came
face-to-face with three gunmen who robbed him and then murdered him.
The entire incident was caught on the surveillance video, but the three
gunmen were masked and covered from head to toe to avoid recognition.
They
jumped behind the counter and harassed Fernandes for money before
shooting him dead. He was a family man, the father of a daughter and,
tragically, a son – John Fernandes – who was murdered a year prior by
his roommate in Joe Fernandes was born in Candolim. He married Agnes
and they had two children, the late John and Tina. The family first
lived in Kuwait, and then moved to the US in 2000.
Murdered in a
convenience store in north Houston just after 10 pm on last Monday
night, he had only been on the job just a couple of hours. Police
believe one of the killers cased out the store before the murder and
the clerk spoke to one of his killers just an hour before his death.
Houston
police believe Joe was shot because he didn’t act fast enough for the
masked gunmen. But they’re looking for a customer who bought cookies
and water about an hour earlier. The video shows a gold or tan sedan
driving slowly. A man enters the store, grabs some snacks and pays
Fernandes, who’s behind the counter. An hour later, three armed men
sneak in and, within 45 seconds, Fernandes is dead.
Houston Police
believe the men were professionals, knew what they were doing and were
fully intent on completing the task at hand. Detectives say the three
men got away in an older model gold or tan four-door vehicle.
Fernandes’
23-year-old son John was also brutally murdered a year ago; shot and
set on fire allegedly by his roommate at their Missouri City apartment.

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-siesta-mart-murder-story,0,4221178.story

Police are still searching for three suspects involved in Monday
night's murder of a convenient store clerk. It happened at Aldine
Bender and Cotillion in northeast Houston. Crime Stoppers is offering a
$5,000 reward and police decided to release the disturbing surveillance
Tuesday.

"We've been working these murders and robberies for a very long time,"
said HPD Police Officer Michael Miller. "I don't think I've seen guys
like this; very professional, know what they are doing."

It may be difficult watching the surveillance video, which shows the
last seconds of a local convenience store clerk's life, but police hope
it will help capture the three men who murdered him.

"When they enter the store, they were completely gowned from head to toe," said
Miller.

Police say in a span of less than a minute the men, wearing masks and
gloves, entered the Siesta Food Mart around 10pm, robbed 54 year-old
Joe Fernandes, and then fatally shot him.

"Because of his cooperation they did not need to kill him," said Miller.

Police believe one of the suspects may be a customer wearing a white
T-shirt, seen earlier inside the store. They also believe a
gold-colored sedan, possibly a Buick, may have been the getaway car.

On Tuesday the store was closed as police continue their investigation.
The only one inside was former store employee, Luis Garcia.

"I'm supposed to be dead, because I work all the nights in this store," said
Garcia.

Police say Fernandes was a temporary fill-in, and the store had been robbed
before.

"It was like two months ago... Four kids, no more than 18 years old,"
said Garcia. "All of them were masked. I did what ever they asked me.
They took the money and left."

Only this time, the crooks also took life of a hardworking and well loved
father.

"The family is experiencing unfathomable tragedy because their son was
shot and killed less than a year ago in Missouri City," said Miller.
"They were still grieving over that incident when they lost their
father."