Lots of noise has been created about the church property but there has been no
clarification from the authorities of the church. It has been highlighted in
Goanet many times that the Goa church is a co op society registered with the
government. So it should have members making up the body of this registered
society. Why is no mention made regarding the running of this society ? I have
never heard any priest announcing about such existing society and who are the
members of this society or read any statements of their accounts. . So this
society is collecting donations or collections from people like us who are not
members and building up their fund. What is done with the fund nobody knows. So
I presume our sunday Collection and also donations made for the church goes
into the coffers of this society. The society does what it wants as no one can
demand explanations from them for we do not know who owns this society. Until
and unless the Bishop House issue a statement regarding the working of this
society and the list of the members the lay people should stop put coins in the
sunday box .People should stop giving donations for nothing goes to God . We
are helping some people to cheat. I have noticed priests who write in
newspapers are afraid to disclose their identity even and prefer to show
themselves as ordinary lay people
Paul Mascarenhas

Stay updated! Add Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace & Hi5  friends to your Windows
Live network instantly. Add Now!
http://profile.live.com/webactivities/?mkt=en-in