Every one is all agog with excitement over the Dona Paula - Marmagoa Sea
Link. One politician even talked about the hypothetical benefits to be
accrued by the denizens of his constituency who will save time and fuel by
travelling over the sea link to Panjim and North Goa.

But is the sea link all that vital and is it all that necessary? And that
too at an unimaginable cost, 1000 crores to be exact? Aren't there more
viable alternatives? I would rather, as activist Oscar Rebello puts it,
have better roads.

The old ferry service which ran a launch from Dona Paula to Marmagoa and
vice versa was not usable during the monsoons because the sea was choppy.
But in these modern times there are ferries that ferry not only people but
also cars along with them which can withstand the kind of choppy waters that
one would experience during the monsoons.

I am not a technical person, but I am sure there are competent people world
wide on Goanet who can give us an opinion.

BTW The way that some MLAs are rooting for the project leads me belive that
there is pots of money to be made on the project :-)
But isn't that what we elect them for? To make more money by deluding us.
Fools aren't we? Rather gluttons for punishments!

--
                   _
                  / _)             Tony de Sa
        .-^^^-/ /          M; +91 9975 162 897
   __/         /           Ph: +91 832 2470 148
<__.|_|--|_|            tonyd...@gmail.com
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
  • ... Tony de Sa
    • ... Alfred de Tavares
    • ... Naguesh Bhatcar
    • ... Tony de Sa
    • ... Antonio Menezes
      • ... Alfred de Tavares
        • ... Naguesh Bhatcar
          • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक न ोरोन्या