Ref.. http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=30441&cid=26

**

*Subject: Anti-Goan Chicalim VP defends mega project at Alto-Dabolim*

As reported recently in the press, the Chicalim VP is defending the mega
project at Alto-Dabolim. Goans must take strong objections and oppose the
Anti-Goan Chicalim VP. The GBA & the Chicalim Village Action Committee
(CVAC) needs our support/voice, to stop another monstrosity coming up in
Goa. It is surely disturbing to note that Sarpanch, The Former Sarpanch and
their corrupt colleagues are ignorant of the negative effects of these
approx 600 residential units, on the area!! They claim that people opposing
the project are fighting for their self interests; I am sure that many Goans
will agree with me when I say that, actually these Anti-Goans themselves.
Have bigger financial/commercial stakes in supporting this destructive
project!! The Sarpanch claims that it is for the betterment of the village;
I would really like to question how? Surely the Sarpanch should know by now,
with so much awareness on the issue; that mega-projects like the one, he is
supporting will make the village and its residents a non-entity soon!!
Donating a garbage truck and vested promises of development are not
arguments for betterment of a village!!

Arwin Mesquita (UAE)
--
Please post your comments on my Blog: http://goanidentity.blogspot.com/