                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                        Happy New Year Twenty-Ten

Please correct/edit this message if needed

My son and I went to Goa in late November. I flew direct from US but my son
came via London. We both returned in December.

After immigration and Customs in Mumbai we had to  transfer to local flights to
Goa and we  both got out wrong side. I came to Goa after three years and my son
was coming after 5 years.

 1.  At Mumbai airport  as you are getting out there is only small sign high
above indicating local transfers and can easily be missed we both did but I
soon realized
that I did not see any signs for transfer or Taxis so I asked fellow passengers
and was directed to the right and then I saw the small sign.

My son However, went out and had to get a taxi to get to local Indian Air line
terminal.
as they would not allow him to get in the airport again to get to the local
airport.

Probably most of the passengers traveling like us have the same problems?

2. On our way back also separately and on different dates again we had another
problem. We both had to fly from Dabolim at 4.30PM. My  onward flight was at
11.30 and that of my son was at 2AM following day.

On arrival at Bombay  I thought I could get in at International airport at
anytime for my flight at 11.30 I flew Kingfisher and they asked what flight I
was taking and guided me to the coach for International airport as I reached at
the international airport it was dark I looked for terminal for Continental Air
lines but I couldn't. I asked several askaris (guards in uniform) also some
with badges in regular clothes at the airport. I saw they understood my  poor
Hindi and Marathi as well but no one new for sure where I should go but they
would not allow me to go in because according to them they allow passengers
just three hours before the flight and not before.

at 7.30PM I was still outside and did not find the correct gate to get in. Then
someone said I should go to gate A or B. There they allowed me to go in and I
did get checked in.

I think local airlines should guide their international passengers about all
the rules so that we do not have all the hussle at The International.

Could someone guide me who to complain to?

Thanks

Barnabe Rodrigues