To: <goanet@lists.goanet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:18 PM
Subject: [Goanet] What are we waiting for?

Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:41:57 +0000
From: Carmen Miranda <carmitamira...@gmail.com>

But there is first of all a profound and radical change that we need to work on which is the transformation of our culture from Consumerism to Sustainability. When people begin to understand that consumerism is not the path towards real meaning in life and contentment, and that their very survival as a >species depends on changing direction from short-term gains and rampant consumerism that leads to corruption an greed, only than can we really hope of >reaching and achieving governance that is for the benefit of the majority and policies that are sustainable.

So perhaps our first step should be to re-educate people, create awareness
and inform the masses.

Mario observes:

.....> I think Goans should go ahead with organizing the already riled up populace to rise up and make their voices heard in public with the demand that at least the >current laws be respected. Changing the culture can wait until the country can afford it.
.