Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:52:16 +0530
From: Frederick Noronha <fredericknoro...@gmail.com>
       <goanet@lists.goanet.org>
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Re. Proud to be a Goan, I am an Indian first

2010/1/10 Arwin Mesquita <arwinmesqu...@gmail.com>

> Of course Sachin will can be a proud Maharashtrian in the forseeable
future
> but can we  be proud Goans in the near future; as by then our identity
> might  not exist!!

The Goan identity is keeping on evolving and changing. If you ask someone
from pre-1961 Goa, he might not consider today's Goa to be "Goan" enough! I
wonder what pre-1510 "Goans" thought of the change in identity that took
place then. Ditto for the pre-Parashuram "Goans"!

FN

--
Please post your comments on my Blog: http://goanidentity.blogspot.com/

Please also see below:
1. Benaulim Village Action Committee: http://www.bvacbenaulim.blogspot.com/
2. "Rape of Goa" : http://www.parrikar.com/blog/the-rape-of-goa/
3. MAND - an adivasi-rights resource centre : http://mandgoa.blogspot.com/
4. EVERY GOAN SHOULD SEE THIS VIDEO:
http://infochangeindia.org/Infochange-documentary.html
5. For the Love of Konkani: http://www.radiogoa.net/
6. Goa's Identity Movement website: http://www.goamag.net/gim
7. Goa's Identity Movement group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com//#/group.php?gid=193497031686
8. Official Government Site NRI Office (GOA): http://www.globalgoans.org.in/