Hi Agnelo,

We will be doing a great deal of injustice to Sigrid Pfeffer to say she produced the CD for commercial gains. Of course I can’t speculate on her intentions. I can only tell you one thing that no one with some horse sense would venture into such investment of producing Konkani CD in Germany and hope to make a profit given the high production costs and the market value.

Not even our compatriots had the generosity to spend 10€ to purchase the CD with the old Konkani songs. The CD price was fixed to comply with German Fair Trade Law.

I would also like to add that Sigrid Pfeffer has spent a lot of her time, money and efforts researching Konkani music in Goa and Bombay and did an hour’s Radio program broadcasted by the popular Frankfurt Radio Station, (Hessischer Rundfunk) giving some degree of popularity to Konkani music in Germany for the first time. Even if she had succeeded to make a profit it would cause no grief to anyone. I feel we should appreciate and give due credit for her work. Many Konkani stalwarts to include the Tiatr fraternity have supported her endeavor in production of the CD.

Regards,

Mariano

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser