Sign the Petition requesting The Honble Minister of State for Environment
     and Forests (I/C) to maintain the moratorium on issuing further
         environmental clearances for mining activities in Goa

              http://goanvoice.org.uk/miningpetition.php

Some of the endearing Goan wedding traditions include the "Chuddo", "Ros" ,
"Pottone", "Won Xitt" etc.
I am particularly interested in the tradition of "Ros".   What is the
significance of this custom ?  What is applied to the Bridegroom or Bride ?  I
have seen
people apply Coconut Oil, Coconut milk from pressed coconuts and also seen some
"Maasti" with people surreptiously applying raw eggs and/or
ice cubes to the hapless bridegroom.
If someone could refer me to some resource where I could get this information
or if some of our old timers can provide an explanation it would be very
gratefully appreciated.