Dear Nandkumar,

Thanks for reminding that Goa is not Salcette alone. Madkai and Kundai
unfortunately figure only for the unpleasant news in recent times.
The affection, honesty and gratitude of the Gawade community is something I
have never witnessed in Bardez, Tiswadi and Salcette talukas.
One needs to see the traditional method of water conservation and distribution
system at Dhonxi vadda which is now threatened by the development around Goa
Engineering College. Simply great!
This area also happens to be our area of work through Peaceful Society and the
community has given me many lessons for life. My only fear is that putting on
paper too much about the community may only attract the attention of the urban
minded vultures who will pollute the culture of the place.

-Soter