1. Although the source of the "poem" by Nandkumar Kamat that was posted to me was from the Goa Writers Group list, I extend my apologies to the group and to the moderator, if it was not the original source.

2. Although it is true that, despite several invitations from the moderator which I have on file, I am not a member of the Goa Writers Group (which is not any reflection on the group itself, but merely my choice), it is also true that the moderator, Mr Pinto, has on quite a few occasions forwarded me posts he thought might interest me from this list, which, thanks to gmail's seemingly bottomless capacity, I also have on file.

3. If the rules of the list are different for Mr Pinto than for other members of Goa Writers, that is hardly my concern, but an internal matter. Similarly, if privacy is an issue for the Goa Writers Group, then it is one it will need to sort out internally among the group members, and has nothing really to do with the subject matter of my original post, which is in a nutshell:

1. the separation of two issues: mining and art funding; and the kneejerk habit of some environmental activists to attack art funding, which is predominantly funded around the world by corporate money, and its direct beneficiaries, who are artists;

2. the ethics of seeking grant funding from large foundations such as Ford, MacArthur, etc, that are invested heavily in corporate stock and have on their boards some of the most destructive CEOs on the planet, while at the same time critising those who receive their funding directly from one funding source.

3. the ethics of attacking an individual in order to make a point on a public issue.

Margaret Mascarenhas