Vishwajit joins Cong,sworn in again
HERALD REPORTER
PANJIM, JUNE 24

On a day of hectic political activities, Valpoi legislator Vishwajit Rane joined the Congress party after resigning his assembly seat.

Within hours of tendering his resignation to the Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly Pratapsing Rane, Vishwajit was sworn in again as a cabinet minister, at Raj Bhavan.

Rane was administered the oath office and secrecy by Governor Shivendra Singh Sidhu, at a function which was attended by Chief Minister Digamabar Kamat, Home Minister Ravi Naik, Revenue Minister Jose Philipe D’Souza, Education Minister Babush Monseratte, Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Subash Shirodkar, Cumbharjua legislator Pandurang Madkaikar, Calangute legislator Agnelo Fernnades, Quepem legislator Babu Kavlekar and Curtorim legislator Alexio Reginald Lourenco.

Earlier, before swearing in ceremony Vishwajit submitted his membership form to the GPCC president in the presence of Chief Minister Digambar Kamat and Home Minister Ravi Naik, at Congress House, in the city.

Addressing the media after the swearing in Vishwajit said he was always a Congressman.

“Only during the last assembly election I did not get the assembly ticket otherwise I was always a Congressman,” Vishwajit stated adding the people of Valpoi want to vote for the party and I am happy to be back in Congress.”

“I will be happy to work as the dedicated worker of the Congress as this will provide strength and stability to the party,” he said.

GPCC president Shirodkar said that Vishwajit’s entry into the Congress will strengthen the party base in North Goa.

“In the Zilla Panchayat elections people voted for the Congress and the people now want to endorse the party,” he stated.

Replying to a query the president said that the legislator’s entry into Congress was unconditional.

“The Congress does not believe in setting conditions,” he said.

On whether there would be any more entries into Congress, he said, “just wait and watch.

http://oheraldo.in/news/Main%20Page%20News/Vishwajit-joins-Cong-sworn-in-again/38195.html