Herald Reporter
Margao, June 23 [ with phote inset] - THE UGDP WANTS A LEADER WHO IS COMMITTED TOWARDS THE ORGANIZATION AND DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE OF THE STATE. MOST OF THE PRESENT LEADERS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND PART-TIME POLITICIANS. [ OR PART TIME CROOKS???]

The United Goans Democratic Party (UGDP) appears in total disarray, with its lone legislator Babush Monserrate finally embracing the Congress and the regional outfit desperately on the look out for a leader who can lead the party ahead of the 2012 assembly polls.

Party leaders knows for sure that the party need to poll minimum six per cent of the total votes in the coming assembly polls or face de-recognization by the Election Commission.

Ask party Secretary General Adv. Anacleto Viegas and he admits that the problem facing the party is to re-organize the regional outfit in a big way to serve the State and its people. "The UGDP wants a leader who is committed towards the organization and dedicated to the cause of the State. Most of the present leaders are professionals and part-time politicians", he said.

In fact, since the party was formed by Raghurai Thamba in the early 90's, the regional party has been literally lying dormant over the last one year, since the party lasted defeat in the Lok Sabha polls.

Viegas admitted that neither the party presidium nor the executive Committee nor the genral body of the outfit has ever met since the Lok Sabha polls, when its candidate Matanhy Saldanha failed to make a mark. In fact, the party leaders have been virtually silent on major issues facing Goa and Goans over the last one year.

Explaining the situation, the party secretary general says only a dedicated leader can help steer the party out of the present state of affairs. "We are on the look out for a leader who will work to reorganize the party", he said.

Incidentally, this is not the first time that its legislators have deserted the party and joined the Congress. In fact, since the 1994 polls, the party has seen its legislators deserting the party and joining hands with the Congress. And, the trend continued with every election in the last decade and half, with party leaders unable to stop the exodus for varied reasons. 'Leaders who have left the party over the years had no dedication for the State. They have no commitment for the State. They are only after power", Viegas said.

But, when pointed out that many of these legislators who had left the party were re-elected on other parties, Viegas replied "These leaders have got re-elected because of the blatant use of money power.

"PWD Minister Churchill Alemao, Revenue Minister, Jose Philip D'Souza, former Tourism Minister, Mickky Pacheco, besides the education minister were all part of the UGDP at one point of time, only to desert the regional outfit to join the national parties.

But, Viegas says the party has a future and would successfully overcome the problems plaguing the outfit. "The UGDP is a people's party. The party may face de-recognition, but I can say with confidence that the people of Goa would save the Two Leaves symbol" he said.

COMMENTS:
Very well done Herald. This is a 'PAID NEWS' the very ill that is plaguing today's newspapers who have condescended to a very big low. If this was a 'PAID DISPLAY ADVERTISEMENT'S The UGDP i.e. Anacleto Viegas would have had to shell out Rs. 13440/-. See the contrast. Goa Su-Raj Party [GSRP] wanted to publish a 'paid' display ad in Herald for the 18th. June Goa Revolution Day. It cost us Rs. 3700/- [sent thro' Aditya Agencies, Mapusa]. But this ad was rejected on the grounds that it was inflammatory and it would invite the wrath of the government. So what free press are we talking about? What 4th Estate?

Now coming to UGDP and Anacleto Viegas - Radharao Gracias combination:

The other day Radharao Gracias appeared on 'Prudent Media' TV Channel in a debate hosted by Sandesh Prabhudesai with Adv. Cleofato Coutinho, Vishnu Wagh of the Congress' and Radharao Gracias of UGDP. The topic was the exit of Babush Monserrate from the UGDP and his re-entry into the Congress. In the course of the debate about who should be filing the disqualification petition against Babush Monserrate, Radharao Gracias has gone on record to say the following:

'And there are other parties like Su-Raj Party in the fray. What good of the people of Goa do they have if not to make money???" [ or words to that effect].

We didn't expect Sandesh Prabhudesai to challenge Radharao's comments for various reasons best not said here. We did not expect any thing from Vishnu Wagh - who's only job on the show was to tell the people of Goa that High Command will sort things out. Normally, Vishnu Wagh seems to be full of gas. But on this show he was like a punctured baloon. But we did expect some sort of a challenge from Adv. Cleofato Coutinho who seemed to be a neutral party on the show. But no! These guys have egos a high as kingdom come and they will never utter a single word in favour of somebody else, if it is not their own click. 'THE MISERABLE'S

The GSRP demands full and proper apology for the comments made against it by Radharao Gracias of the UGDP - period.

During the run up to the last Lok Sabha elections, 2004, when Churchill Alemao got elected in the South, I personally know that the UGDP supported the BJP candidate. When we asked Radharao why would he support the communal BJP, he clearly said " whoever gives more money - gets our support" This conversation took place at his own residence at Margao. Let Radharao challenge me on this one. The question I am asking is: Who is or has been making money out of politics??? UGDP or GSRP??

During the run up to the 2007 assembly elections, GSRP and UGDP had two crucial meetings [at the UGDPs office in Margao] to discuss alignment of all regional parties ( talks with MGP failed because they insisted on Marathi language as Official Language of Goa whereas GSRP wanted the language issue to remain dormant for these elections to take up other valid issues). Our condition was that: 'We are sitting on the same table to discuss the alignment provided that Babush will not be given re-entry into the UGDP. "Otherwise we walk out" . UDGP did not say 'yes' or 'no' . All they said was "so far we have not considered giving entry to Babush - If you want to continue the talks on that basis, it is fine". So we talked and we agreed that UGDP and GSRP will work as alliance partners for 2007 elections. But the very day UGDP gave re-entry to Babush Monserrate, GSRP broke off the alliance thro' a press statement citing the pre-condition for the alliance. Today, UGDP is crying hoarse that money-power has won???? Again I am asking Adv. Radharao Gracias this question: "Who is after money??? GSRP???

Adv. Anacleto Viegas says that UGDP needs a leader. But he does not say UGDP needs a MONEY BAG. Dr. Jorson Fernandes is the Party President. He is a fine leader by himself. Who says he does not have the good of Goa at heart or the commitment that it takes? Why cannot he re-organize the party? Is he lacking the ability? Yes indeed. The very fact that he is not a money bag to sustain the wolves in the UGDP. I have told Dr. Jorson on many occasions that the party he needs to be in is GSRP. But these leaders are also very funny. Dr. Jorson was expecting the Congress ticket in 2002 elections. I had told him he will not get it because he is not a money bag. He did not believe me. He was left out in the cold. Again he told me that he was high on the short-list for the Congress ticket in 2007. It was as if he was salivating in the mouth for the congress ticket. When he was again cold shouldered, he limped into the UGDP. Now Adv. Anacleto and Adv. Radharao Gracias think that Jorson has no commitment??? What about the faithful dog Matanhy Saldanha? He too does not have commitment to Goa??? Of course, he has too much of that but nothing of bags full of money.

So therefore, UGDP must put in a 4 x 12 cms column 'Paid News Ad" in the Herald, perhaps for a quarter of the real price, to advertise for a 'MONEY BAG. Why? Monte Cruz refused??? Why not try getting Vijay Malhya ????

Raghurai Thamba, as according the Adv. Anacleto, formed the UGDP in the 90's. Yes! that is absolutely correct. But Monte Xavier Furtado hijacked it to make it his kitchen rag. That is how Churchill Alemao happened to take it over for free with the inside help of Raghurai Thamba. But what Adv. Anacleto Viegas or perhaps Adv. Radharao Gracias do not know is that the symbol 'TWO LEAVES' has been designed by GSRP's Vice President (North) Mr. Matias Vaz of Maureen Printers Panjim. Ask him the nitty- gritty details of the same and he will oblige. He may be contacted on 9326017164.

I have gone on record to publicly say at the Lohia Maidan that UGDP in the South and GSRP in the North is the recipe for Goa's ills, to drive out the Delhi, Maharashtra, Nagpur High Commands from Goa. Radharao Gracias forgot that?? He was adorning the stage. For him GSRP is aspiring to make a lot of money??? Let me say this upfront. People of South Goa must dump the 'dear to their hearts' 'two leaves' if their lot has to be improved politically. This Adv. duo ( who are relatives, if my information is right) have already bled the 'green' out of the poor 'two leaves' and they are about to wither and fall. Therefore the SOS for the MONEY BAG.

The Goan money bags are the Mine owners, the Salgaonkars, the Chowgules, The Dempos', the Timblos etc. I am talking of the Goan bonafide mine owners. No doubt they are the money bags. But they are GOANS. (if I at 63 am not mistaken). These guys have been making money at the cost of Goa and Goans. Fine. Let them. But a time will come when, not they, but their off-springs, will inherit the Sonsodos [ which by the way Timblo is trying to undo], the Vasco/Sancuale slums, the shits everywhere and anywhere. It is then that the off-springs of these money maniacs, who finance and entertain the political hyenas of today, to make more money at the cost of Goa and Goans will find no place to call it their own. They will either have to migrate with all their loot to places like Singapore or the USA, whatever, but will not be able to enjoy the same in their birth place GOA. And that is when they will spit on their peers i.e. Audhut Timblo, Anil Salgaonkar, Srinivas Dempo et al and curse them from the bottom of their hearts for not thinking in terms of Saving their own God Given Paradise 'GOA' but have been helping the ever so unfaithful political hyenas to go wild and to ejaculate with joy.

As far as GSRP is concerned, it does not need MONEY BAGS for it to come to power. It will come to power when Rs. 5/- and Rs.10/- from each and every Goan is accumulated into a heap that will reach the heavens above going all the way to save their dear dear GOA. MONEY BAGS, on the contrary will see that their GOA is turned into nothing but a BIG BIG S O N S O D O.

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj
9890470896
www.goasu-raj.org

PS: Adv. Anacleto Viegas and Adv. Radharao Gracias are good friends of mine. But I tend to go for 'GOA' for who I bleed and shall bleed more than anybody else.

It is not ENOUGH that GOOD, HONEST citizens  contest elections.
It is not ENOUGH that GOOD, HONEST citizen voters elect good, honest representatives.
GOA urgently needs  'GOOD, HONEST, DISCIPLINED SYSTEM of GOVERNANCE'.
Wherein, even a dishonest person is forced to be good, honest n disciplined, or to QUIT.

Only through PPS can such 'good, honest n disciplined system of governance' be identified and accepted.

PPS GOA =PEOPLE for POLITICAL SANITY = PEOPLE'S POWER SYSTEM
for a date in 2012

Display the 'PPS' sticker on your vehicle today, to reject political madness tomorrow