Ten years after it ran aground at Candolim beach, and after several broken
promises and
failed removal attempts, the Attorney General of Goa tells the High Court that
the tender  for removal of the ill fated ship, the River Princesswill be
awarded soon.

 Yeah !  How many times have we heard such lofty promises made with a great
deal of bravado by various politicians  and bureaucrats ?  TEN years !!!  And
the rusting hulk of the ship is still there, making removal all the more
difficult  and all the more expensive because of  the deterioration that has
set in over the decade. And who will foot the bill for the removal ?  The
hapless taxpayers of Goa, while the owners go scot free ?  Why are the owners
or charterers of the ship not being held accountable and responsible for its
removal ?  Are they part of the coterie and nexus of politicians and mine
owners who thumb their noses at the "aam aadmi"  (a.k.a.squealing pigs) of Goa ?

And if we are to take this AG at his word, when will the work commence ?
Obviously not during the fury of the monsoons.  Perhaps at the commencement of
the tourist season in October, so we have another sordid spectacle for tourists
to stare at ?

Give me another shot of Feni so that I can go into a stupor of susegadness that
we Goans are renowned for.