Dear All,

I read the sentence quoted below and was enchanted by it. I dont dispute the sentence. But my curiosity is whether the Portuguese Constitution was repealed in Goa expressly or impliedly by which Govt. and when, by whom. Was there a law, treaty or any other instrument? Just a curiosity.

Carmo

"The Archbishop patriarch of Goa, Daman and Diu was bound to repeal
the Portuguese constitution, laws, customs, culture and traditions and
report to His Holiness the Pope to come under the constitution of
India, Indian laws, customs, culture and traditions for the survival
of the Catholic church in Goa," Abel said.

* * *

UK STOCKS EXHAUSTED! After a community-supported launch at
Croydon, Selma Carvalho's *Into the Diaspora Wilderness* is
available at Broadways Book Centre, Panjim [Ph +91-9822488564]
Price (in Goa only) Rs 295. Ask a friend to pick up a copy.
Details of the book http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/

* * *