--- On Tue, 8/17/10, Frederick Noronha <fredericknoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You seem to be mixing up issues here between what is a
> practical policy for a secular State (particularly one like India) to
> adopt, and what Fr Ivo (as a believer in a monotheistic religion) has
> a right to personally believe if he so chooses.

I am not mixing up issues at all. The extraneous issues were brought into this
discussion by you. My question is simple, and it applies to a secular country
as a whole, as I have clearly mentioned, not to Fr. Ivo, to you or to any
specific individual. Since the statement was made in the context of an
interfaith dialogue, it is necessary to ask the question I asked from a
pluralist secular point of view. I do not care about the parochial point of
view of any particular religion.

Cheers,

Santosh