Cut the stress and deliver results

From: Bernado Colaco

Claude Alvares managed to stop the celebrations of 450 years of arrival of Vasco da Gama to the indian subcontinent, but has done little to stop the ravaging by the mine owners. It is only Goans that can save Goa by networking and joining together not outsiders like CA.

BC

Dear Mr. Colaco,

Lets keep aside the likes of Patriotic Claude Alvares, I am more worried (with my Goan worry beads) of the Freedom Fighters sleeping and tossing about in their corrupt desolate graveyards and those STILL RESTING on their Everyday Laurels of Crime, Drugs, Rampant Sex, of Plunder, Greed and all the " Liberated " Ills that have befallen on our once Peaceful, non- annexed Goa ah of our Proud Forefather/fore-mothers, and mothers have to be mentioned here, just as much as fathers, in order to be politically correct in this Dis and Age of Goenkarponnachem emancipation !!..

Kind regards,
Joe Rebello.

From: Bernado Colaco

I wonder if Claude Alvares is going to protest against the arrival of the Portuguese?

BC

CCP may get Portugal’s help to develop Panjim city

48 YEARS ON, IT SEEMS THAT AMCHEM GOENKARS CANNOT HAVE ENOUGH OF THEIR PAST MASTERS - THE PORTUGUESE TO (RE) DEVELOP THE LISBOA OF ESTADO DA INDIA, PANJIM. HOW IRONICAL IS IT NOT, THAT WE ARE SO UNDER-DEVELOPED, OR IS IT BECAUSE WE ARE TOO BUSY GETTING SO CORRUPTED TO EVER GET THAT MUCH DEVELOPED 48 YEARS ON ?? BRING ON THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS TO PUT THINGS JUST(IC) ABOUT RIGHT !!

With acknowledgement to the Nahvind Times article and as seen on the Goan Voice UK

Home » CCP may get Portugal’s help to develop city
CCP may get Portugal’s help to develop city

Published on: October 27, 2010 - 01:40

Story Summary:
A visit by the high-level Portuguese delegation led by the ambassador of Portugal to India, Dr Luis Filipe de Castro Mendes to the Corporation of the City of Panaji on Tuesday

PANAJI: A visit by the high-level Portuguese delegation led by the ambassador of Portugal to India, Dr Luis Filipe de Castro Mendes to the Corporation of the City of Panaji on Tuesday opened the prospects of signing of a tripartite memorandum of understanding between the Portuguese government, the Goa government and Fundacao Oriente for the development of Panaji in various areas.

The Portuguese delegation also included the Consul General of Portugal to Goa, Dr Antonio Sabido Costa and the director of international relations at the Camara Municipal de Lisboa (Lisbon Municipal Council), Ms Manuela Judice.

Acknowledging the development, the city mayor, Ms Carolina Po said that a twin sister cities tie-up is in the offing, between the two municipalities. "The delegation discussed various areas in which the two cities can exchange developmental technologies," she maintained, pointing out, "However, related decisions have to be taken and the details chalked out during the meeting of the CCP Council."

The ambassador of Portugal to India told the media persons that discussion with the Panaji mayor was fruitful and now is the time to take some concrete steps as regards the development of the city, with the co-operation of the Lisbon Municipal Council. "We want to strengthen ties and carry out development of Panaji, in particular and Goa, in general," he added.

The director of international relations at the Camara Municipal de Lisboa stated that Ms Po has asked for assistance of the Lisbon Municipal Council in areas like city’s internal public transportation and preservation of some heritage buildings in the city. "In fact, we have even offered to extend help in building technical bridges like flyovers in Panaji," she revealed.

"Today’s visit is just the first step in the direction of development of this city, and the CCP as well as the Goa government have to work in association with the Portuguese Consulate in Goa and Portuguese embassy in New Delhi, for the purpose," Ms Judice noted.

"We will work out a MoU and try to sign it next year, so that all technical help may be extended based on the same," she maintained, pointing out that the mayor of Lisbon, Mr Antonio Costa is likely to visit Goa soon, and preparations are being made in this respect.

Ms Po told the media persons that she had recently been to Lisbon and met the mayor of that city on October 14. "He promised all assistance for the development of Panaji," she said, adding that the mayor of Lisbon, who originally hails from Margao, will be visiting Goa in the near future.

The Panaji mayor said that she wants to make use of the co-operation so as to bring all the footpaths in the city to a uniform level. "Secondly, we are studying the possibility of improving internal public transport system of Panaji just as it exists in Lisbon," Ms Po informed, observing that in Lisbon, all arriving private vehicles are parked on the outskirts of the city, and internal transportation is taken care of by an excellent public transport system.

Ms Po also observed that the new generation families in the Portuguese capital are asked to construct their houses outside Lisbon, and as an incentive offered free transport to the city, besides their house tax and school fees of the children being borne by the municipality. "Furthermore, the garbage disposal in Lisbon is very efficient with dry garbage like glass, cloth, tin and paper stored in different bins, and regularly lifted," she informed, mentioning that the solid waste management plant in Lisbon is of very heavy capacity, and if at all such a plant is set up in Goa, it could take care of the garbage generated in entire state, or at least one district.

Observing that impeccable cleanliness is maintained in Lisbon through advanced mechanisation, the CCP mayor finally said that the drainage's in the Portuguese capital are covered by road level gratings.

_/
_/ tambdimati: the Goa review is a community blog of original
_/ art, writing, music, news and commentary from and about the
_/ smallest state in the subcontinent. check out the newest
_/ member of the Goanet family daily at
_/ http://www.tambdimati.com.
_/