From: Carmen Miranda
Date: Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Subject: can you help?
To: Oscar Lobo

Dear Oscar

I have just returned from HSBC bank today where I went personally to ensure the security blockage the bank had put on this account , as it was dormant for a couple of years, was removed. Now finally, after many attempts to get this account reopened and functioning, I can assure you that finally is working.

Name of a/c: Save Goa Campaign
Account: 91145665
Sort Code: 40-04-07
Bank: HSBC
Branch: Kings Cross - London - UK

I felt like crying however when I saw the bank statement!
Less than £50 (£47 to be exact!) have been deposited since this account was reopened mid September. I can only assume people did try and failed to deposit because of the bank blockage on the account.

Oscar, as you well know our struggle to save Goa is againts billionairs! The mining industry and the developers - they have crores and crores of rupees to destroy Goa through corruption and bribes

What do people realistically expect me to do with a total of £47 donated since September?

There are just 4 things I set out to do by the end of this year as described in my S.O.S. Goa letters. To that, I now added the anti-corruption campaign. Only with your generosity can I ensure some change will take place in Goa.

Your support and that of other goans in Melbourne is needed urgently and is vital so that I can continue this battle in Goa. We are on the verge of making a real difference ! I promise that after this year I will just stop trying to save Goa. The struggle to get some support from goans is harder than the struggle agains the mining industry!

My deadline to deliver on what I set out to do is end of this year. I hope you can make at least a small contribution. On my next letter S.O.S. Goa letter I will give further details.

With regards
Carmen Miranda

_/
_/ tambdimati: the Goa review is a community blog of original
_/ art, writing, music, news and commentary from and about the
_/ smallest state in the subcontinent. check out the newest
_/ member of the Goanet family daily at
_/ http://www.tambdimati.com.
_/