Goanetters annual year-end meet is on Dec 27, 2010 (Monday) from 4-6 pm at
Institute Piedade (near Hotel Mandovi, opp Bread & More) in Panjim. Do come
along. RSVP via SMS 9822122436, f...@goa-india.org or 2409490 (after 2 pm).

Dear Benedict et al

The only question that pops up to my mind is:

1. What have Goans in general (not particular) done for Goa apart from Goans outside Goa who are considered “Bhaile” by some?

2. The one who puts his/her chin up and gives us an account will enable us eat an humble pie?

3. Where Mangaloreans not Goans once upon a time; if in the affirmative are they not more loyal to Goans than Goan are loyal to their Goa?

4. Why are Mangloreans intellectually wise and better businessmen than Goans? Is Batlee and going to the key board our main problem; or just being born “falador” our problem?

5. Goans Nazi’s (not Nascy)? is a question that was posed to me very recently. Are Goans a jealous race (can we blame the Portuguese for this after 49 years) are other set of questions posed to me directly by Mangaloreans and Keralites. I did not have an answer, any takers? to enable me to get back to the appropriate people?

Any chapatrist or chapotram are most welcome.

Mog sodanch assum

Cr. Oscar C. Lobo JP
Melbourne.

From: Benedict Lobo

Konkani for Goa?????

What about Mangalore/Malabar/ Karnataka ?

It was the Mangaloreans who got Konkani in the book of World Records.

It was the Mangloreans who opened the worlds first Konkani research centre in Kalangann

It was the Mangloreans who took the cause of konkani to the entire world this year spanning all the four continents.(Goan community was not even invited, when this happened in UAE)

It's in Mangalore where the Worlds first and the biggest Konkani convention taking place as we speak, that to funded my the Magaloreans not the Karnataka Govt.

Its from Mangalore that we have the largest library of original Konkani Music.

Reminds me of the good old M. Boyer song.Boyer was right all along.God bless his soul.

Bhatam Bhesam amchim khon voronam re , Chintatat Goenkarani
Pun amche Konkni bhasek , te natak korit re, Duddu moddun lakh'ani
Amche bhurghe bhavam rodhoi nakam dukhanim
Goenkar ekvotan ravun , samballat Konkani.

And this is exactly what is happening.Wake up Goans !!

What about Marathi ? Its the official language of our beloved Goa too.
Loks like we are caught between two mothers.

Benedict Lobo