                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

    NEW BOOK:  'PATRIOTISM IN ACTION: Goans in Indias Defence Services'
         With Foreword by Gen SF Rodrigues, PVSM, VSM, ADC (retd)
                    former Chief of Indian Army Staff
           and Governor, Punjab & Administrator, Chandigarh UT

Copies now available at:

GOA: Literati (2277740), Other India (2263306), Broadway (6647038),
Mandovi (2427904), Noel DSilva & Associates (9823120454 / 9096781714),
Confidant / Golden Heart Emp (2732450), David & Co (2730326), Vardaan
(9527463684)
SERV / RETD Def Offrs in Goa: O/o Sainik Co-op Hse Bldg Sty, Def Col, Porvorim
(2417288)

MUMBAI: David & Co (22019010)

PUNE: Manneys (26131683), Popular (25678327)

BENGALURU: Narayan (22865800)

DELHI: Ritana (24617278)

ONLINE (worldwide delivery): http://www.ritanabooks.com,
http://goa1556.goa-india.org

"20 lakh sq m in Mandrem was picked up by a Bengaluru based company, while the
Saibaba Family Trust through its director Shyam Luthria  bought 1,05,931 sq m
in
seaside Mandrem in 2005." writes Pamela D'Melo in the MID DAY quoting the Goa
Legislative Assembly data.

Morjim beach, the Olive Riddley Turtle nesting site at the mouth of the River
Chapora [which will soon have a 'minor port' and a 'marina' to boot!], has its
own story. So does Chopdem, the ferry point before the bridge linked the sleepy
village of Siolim in Bardez  to Pernem taluka.Thus writes Pamela D'Melo:
<<While the media spotlight has focused on the big bad Russian 'mafia' bogeymen
allegedly holding sway in Morjim, in North Goa, what is less known is that
government records that emerged in the Goa Assembly show that Ravina Kohli of
Bandra, Mumbai purchased 13,853 sq m in Morjim, Padmashing Finevest Pvt Ltd,
Mumbai bought another 18,221 sq m in the same village in Goa's northernmost
taluka of Pernem, Sigrun Realties of Mumbai purchased 2,64,137 sq m in
neighbouring Chopdem, 20 lakh sq m in Mandrem was picked up by a Bengaluru
based
company, while the Saibaba Family Trust through its director Shyam Luthria
bought 1,05,931 sq m in seaside Mandrem in 2005. >>

Tags:village plan|Regional Plan Committee|Mandrem Regional Plan Committee

--

1 of 1 Photo(s)
MANDREM.jpg

Visit Your Group