                   **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                      Goa Sudharop Annual Awards
                   January 5, 2011 - 3:45 - 6:30pm
                      Hotel Mandovi, Panaji, Goa

             Details at:     http://bit.ly/GoaSudharop2011

Dear All

Hope you all had a great New Year’s Eve as the World celebrations have come to an end with some of us still catching up with sleep!

What a display of fantastic fireworks at the Sydney Harbour Bridge at the strike of Midnight! Kudos to all our friends in NSW!

In the spirit of the New Year 2011, I am pleased to announce that Melgoans will be presenting their 3rd Goan Carnival & May Queen Ball on Saturday 30 April 2011. This time we thought of combining both the events for one price; yes inclusive of sumptuous buffet! To those who may not have visited our website www.melgoans.com please have a look at the reviews and and Ministerial Acknowledgements of our past events located on the left side of the site. We have established ourselves to show case our Goan culture and promote good friendship amongst
     Goans and our friends in Multicultural Victoria.

Carnival is traditionally celebrated before lent season in Goa and Brazil; however, Melgoans are holding these - two in one event this April to avoid any clash with other events that are taking place in February and May 2011 respectively. Melgoans is not an association and has been involved in showcasing cultural heritage to show case our Goan culture and promote good friendship amongst all - in our Multicultural community in Victoria. We have been showcasing our events since last 8 years and we have received Ministerial recognition as well as leadership award that ran something
     on the following lines:

“They have organised extremely successful cultural events that brought together the Goan community, mainstream Australians and other communities. They have become ‘show pieces’ of integration where people from various communities interact in the most harmonious manner in social activities of singing, dancing and dining. This has been achieved wholly due to total commitment to strengthen multiculturalism. Oscar believes that success in multiculturalism will be the major ingredient for a great Australian Family”

I am pleased to attach a copy of our Flyer for the occasion which outlines the details of the event. Please mark your calendars for this event and book your seats as soon as you can, to avoid possible disappointment. Experience has shown that people booking early are not generally disappointed. Please feel free to ring or leave a message for one of the four members of the team
      shown on the flyer. Our policy is not to issue tickets at the gate.

      We look forward to hearing from you.

      Regards

       Oscar C. Lobo
      Director
      Melgoans – Where Multiculturalism is in action.

      Glimpses of previous events conducted by Melgoans www.melgoans.com

   NEW BOOK:  'PATRIOTISM IN ACTION: Goans in Indias Defence Services'

Copies now available at:

GOA: Literati (2277740), Other India (2263306), Broadway (6647038),
Mandovi (2427904), Noel DSilva & Associates (9823120454 / 9096781714),
Confidant / Golden Heart Emp (2732450), David & Co (2730326),
Vardaan (9527463684) SERV / RETD Def Offrs in Goa: O/o Sainik Co-op Hse
Bldg Sty, Def Col, Porvorim (2417288)

MUMBAI: David & Co (22019010)

PUNE: Manneys (26131683), Popular (25678327)

BENGALURU: Narayan (22865800)

DELHI: Ritana (24617278)

ONLINE (worldwide delivery): http://www.ritanabooks.com/booksdistri.htm,
http://goa1556.goa-india.org