My earlier response to Eugene has not appeared yet, but allow me to respond
to Floriano Lobo.
vjp

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:46:31 +0530
From: "floriano" <floriano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Dabolim Airport

Again, this is well appreciated, Eugene.
vjp: Truly.
(DEL)

FL: I have said it before and I will say it now. Everyone wants GOA because
it
gives them prestige and respect plus a jolly good time.  And see to what
state they have reduced our Goa to. Goa chief minister should be laid a red
carpet when he/she visits Delhi. This will happen in good time. But our guys
go to Delhi at the beck and call of the Delhi higherups. They can't even get
to see the cooks, leave alone their masters.

venantius j pinto: Well articulated Floriano.
The trappings like red carpets, etc., allude to respect and
graciousness--basic stuff and this in itself has not been accorded over the
decades. They mean nothing and yet.. The spreading of red carpets in any
case are learned behaviors. They are relevant only in as much as the use of
that visual language and protocol suggests how any given people and their
representatives are seen. Of course the Center is not even willing to fake
it, since there is something like a perennial rubbing or fondling that has
something of a erosive nature.

Forget the Catholic/Christian--what I see is a peculiar contempt towards not
just towards the non-Hindu, but even the Goan Hindu (being a majority for
sure)--and in this regard the politicians have been complicit in not telling
the Center to take a Flying F***.

EVEN CANNIBALS DO NOT EAT THEIR OWN. (If anyone knows they do, keep it to
yourselves). That is where the  "colleoni" comes in. But a Maserati, a
Bugatti, a Lancia, a Ducati for the aandh-less progeny will do.

The CMs etc should summon the "aandh, gunteo" to at least ridicule Delhi in
the Goan media. Even this too can be faked --as are faked orgasms which
drive men crazy when they find out. But even that pathetic trapping is not
accorded to the Goan people. That is feudalism of some coaxial kind, where
we all line up and screw each other, then shout out "Biva, Biva maruya."
Hanv tuji martam, tum mhaji mar--lokank pau ani circus dakhouya.

Goans have to learn to use high satire, contempt, ridicule as part of their
angst;; and anyone who can teach this to ones own and friends should do so.
Perhaps the priests can give this a shot. Other Goans should STFU** and let
those who say things say them. This has nothing to do with muzzling anyone.
** Cut the smarmy bits out.

(DEL)

Cheers and B/rgds
floriano