Dear Tonybab de Sa,

Jules Verne wrote fiction. He did not claim that his writings were supposed to
established scientific facts that were discovered by someone like Prof. Sam
Chang of the Human Genome Project. So no. Nobody would have had any reason to
challenge his writings in his time or now. I for one would have advised people
to read his great stories.

Now, my understanding is that what you posted on Goanet was supposed to be a
statement of fact, not fiction. Please correct me if I am wrong. But if I am
correct, I am simply telling you and other Goanetters that what you posted is
fiction, just like that of Jules Verne, but arguably of an amateurish literary
quality than his.

Regarding science, again, if you are not talking about fiction then what you
say is not right. Factual science does not come in many facets. There is no
alternative science. Established scientific facts are universally true, and
equally applicable to all humankind. If the scientific discovery that you
posted on Goanet was indeed made by somebody in the real world then one would
have been able to easily verify it. It would have been very easy to locate an
original scientific paper authored by the characters named in your link in a
real scientific journal. There is no such discovery and no such paper published
in any recognized scientific publication.

Finally, let me state what you probably already know, but have not paid much
attention to in writing your response to my post. Goanet is a public forum in
which any member can post whatever he/she wants to post, and any other member
can then challenge the factual basis of that post. Nobody is superior or
inferior in this forum. Degrees, titles, castes, classes, religious
affiliations, positions, etc. do not have any value here. The only thing one
has to be concerned about is the truth of what is posted. So once again, please
tell me if what you posted was supposed to be scientific fiction rather than
fact in your mind. I have to know if there is another Jules Verne in the making.

Cheers,

Santosh