LETTER TO EDITOR

Sir,
While the rest of Goa may succumb to bandh threats, year after year there is
one Goan family with a spine that refuses to pull down the shutters of their
restaurants. Even if the Goan cowards cannot repulse the mischief mongers, the
Navtara chain of restaurants in Panjim, Mapusa and Porvorim have remained open
despite stoning and intimidation during several bandhs. Even police have failed
to give protection but these Goans just refuse to budge after threats and
losses to their property.
If only a few more Goans could be as courageous as the Tavora's, the repeated
disruption of peace in Goa by the mergerists and communalists would have been
thwarted.  We salute these Goans. If Goans believe that politicians have no
business to meddle in education, they must take their children to school and
stand guard outside to protect the school from any attack by mergerist
hoodlums. Will we make June 6 that defining day in the history of Goa when
Goans will give a fitting answer to mergerist and communal agendas?

-Soter D'souza
      Socorro