Dears,

It is sad that there are people who do NOT want to take the trouble to learn things they do not know, they just ask questions!

Since this posting is from Goanet, from which I have unsubscribed because of its irresponsibility ... having joined it also to combat its irresponsibility, but in futility .... I am marking copies to two of its "Moderators".

If I was as irresponsible as Eugene, I would perhaps ask if Eugene was a "Goan" or just 'adopted' by a couple of Goan origin. I am as unsure about that as he is about Florian Vaz of Gogol, Margao .

Besides, calling into question the FACT that Florian Vaz was dragged out of his house at lunch time, assaulted with the lathi and ordered shot at point blank range with a service rifle of a Gujarat State Reserve Policeman by the then ASI Yetale of Goa Police [still in service and promoted thereafter] on the afternoon of 20 December, 1986, at the height of the KPA-led agitation to make Konkani the "Official Language" of Goa, Daman & Diu is effectively calling the following people and organizations as LIARS: 1. the late Felicio Cardoz who reported the events leading to Florian's death and its aftermath in the GULAB. 2. late Fr. Freddy da Costa, the then owner, editor and publisher of GULAB magazine 3. Thomas Stephens Konknni Kendr [TSKK], a Society of Jesus instition that has instituted the Konknni Martir Florian Vaz Puroskar for the author of a book published in Konkani in the Roman Script since February, 2006.
4. Dr. Pratap Naik SJ, Director of TSKK, who instituted this award
5. Ashok Chodankar, Daniel F. de Souza, Vincy Quadros and others who have since accepted this award. 6 the South Goa Scheduled Tribes Association that has recently erected a statue of Florian Vaz at the Gogol Circle 7. Vijay Sardesai who has got a statue of Floria Vaz ready and kept with Florian's family pending clearance by the Goa Govt.'s Home Dept. to install it 8. Churchill Alemao, Minister for PWD and MLA of Navelim, who has publicly announced that he will instal a statue in memory of Floria Vaz, who gave his life so that we may have Konkani as the "Official language.

Effectively, Eugene becomes a supporter of the hybrid BBSM which consists of those who love MARATHI or Maraticised Konkani as seen in the fact that Mr. Pundalik Naik, former President of Goa Konkani Academy, had not only studied in Marathi but also educated his son in Marathi medium AFTER leading the Konkani Porjecho Avaz to get Konkani as the SOLE Official Language of Goa and insisting that it is the "Mother Tongue" of over 95 percent of the Goans.

The BBSM supports STATUS QUO in the Medium of instruction to prevent the 950-plus Government Primary Schools [GPS] now teaching in Marathi from changing over to English or Konkani in the name of pedagogy that the "Mother Tongue" is "Best for your child" ...like breast feeding. Since "Marathi" is NOT the "Mother tongue" of Goans according to the KPA stalwarts like Adv. Uday Bhembre and Pundalik Naik [both of them now in BBSM], one is to be forced to use a "Wet nurse" .... like the elites of yore who felt that breast feeding was a menial job .... and feed one's child in Marathi. Worse, the ABE/DSE schools teach a Marathicised version of Konkani in Devanagri script that is best described by the poem published by the current Chairman of the Goa Konkani Academy, Mr. N. Shivdas, in a book ironically dedicated to his own mother!! Perhaps, my take on that poem will be published in this month's issue of JIVIT magazine. It is thought provoking for people like Eugene who do not live in goa but, rather live in their own wonderland ...without Alice. Alice? Who the ..... is Alice?

Then why bother to comment on Florian Vaz you do not remember?? Perhaps, Goa became a STATE because he was KILLED. His life would have been inconsequential as a Gawddi boy in Gogol.

Wrote Dr. Manohar Rai Sardessai:

"Kitle aile, ghele
Otthra Jun!
Ambea-mullant kuddkuddta
Gavddea-por ozun!"

We will soon commemorate the "Goa Revolution Day" on 18 June. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia' satyagraha of 1946 is forgotten by many Goans. What most remember is Naguesh Karmali, Rajendra Subhash Velingkar and their jolly men defacing the street name plaques fixed by the Corporation of the City of Panaji on 18 June, 2004> The Portugese speaking Nagues Karmali found the name plaque in Portuguese "intolerable". Hypocrisy is the second natural of his ilk.

"Opinion Poll" [now re-written in 2011 as "Triumph of Secularism"], Konkani Porjecho Awaz [written on 04 February, 1987 as "Konkani means Konkani written in Devanagri script" as in the poem CHEDDI reportedly written by N. Shivdas around the same time ..."25 years ago"], Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch is .....just another [af]front!!

Eugene-bab, "Those who do not remember their history are condemned to see it repeat" these words have written and read before.

Mog asundi

Miguel

http://www.oheraldo.in/news/Local%20News/BBSM-rsquo-s-S-Goa-unit-vows-to-make-bandh-a-success/48662.html2011
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/BBSM-taps-youth-for-Goa-bandh/articleshow/8685781.cms