Please permit me to place on record my deep sense of  grudging admiration for
the facile skills of Santosh Helekar to with impunity misread and misinterpret
the contents of any posting which does not fit into his world view. Alas,
were there to be no more people added to this categorisation  Santosh could
even seek a "PATENT" for his intellectual property rights!

The article was forwarded as a STATEMENT OF FACT,NOTHING MORE. That the killer
professed the Christian faith, marshalled Hindus against Muslims, got the
insignia of his Organisation made by a Muslim weaver in Varanasi, India are all
factual incidents. That he wanted to align with Hindu right wing groups in
India to eliminate Muslims from India was ofcourse a cause for serious concern
to the polity of India which has secularism as its basic mooring. A number of
people interested in misinterpreting secular give the word many meaning for
their own ideological convenience, but the meaning of secular accepted by the
Courts in India is secular to mean "equal respect for all religions". We thus
have Muslims and Christians and people from all religious persuasions
(including Jains!) in  the Armed Forces of India fighting to protect the
sovereignity and inegrity of India. Shining examples are not far to seek like
Abdul Hamid. We have had Muslim Lt. Generals
 fighting insurgency in Kashmir like Lt. Gen Zaki (retd) who discharged his
duties with great aplomb.We have the TIMES NOW expert on military and strategic
affairs, Maroof Raza ( a former contemporary of mine in the Indian
Army) incisively upholding the INDIAN POSITION IN KASHMIR AND OTHER POSTURES IN
THE WORLD OF STRATEGIC AFFAIRS, AND OFCOURSE THERE CONTINUE TO SERVE A NUMBER
OF MUSLIM AND CHRISTIAN OFFICERS AND ENLISTED MEN WHO SERVE WITH GREAT PRIDE
AND HONOUR IN THE DEFENCE OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY INDIA,THAT IS BHARAT.

What we mean to point out is that it is foolish to taint,segregate, "ghettoise'
communities based on  religion. Fortunately, for our great country ,our great
founding fathers of the Constitution  like Nehru(a brahmin by caste).
Ambedkar( shudra by caste) Noorani (a Muslim), Jesuits ( Christians, yes a
couple of them were on the Constitution making body) and a host of others had
the wisdom ,foresight,goodwill and cerebral ability to make India as a country
which would give equal respect to all religions. They resisted the temptation
to prescribe a religion for the State, quite unlike Pakistan which did precribe
Islam as the religion for Pakistan. HAD THEY NOT TO HAVE HAD THIS FORESIGHT,IT
MIGHT HAVE BEEN PROBABLE THAT INDIA OUR GREAT COUNTRY WOULD HAVE SPLINTERED
INTO MANY PARTS.

Another outstanding legal and pragmatic personality was Mr. M. K Gandhi who
agreed to the Partition of India. When we consider the physical partition of
India, and position this template over the voting patterns of the participants
in the Dominion status exercise, it would not take rocket science to understand
the rationale of Partition. After all it was better to allow a disaffected
population who subscribed to the irreconciliable views of Jinnah to go their
way. We guess the wisdom of this bold,wise decision of Mr. M. K. Gandhi is
better appreciated now, rather than allowing historical baggage to weigh down
heavily on the soul and project it to cast a shadow on contemporary political
affairs. In this connection three significant personalities come to mind Dr.
Manmohan Singh, Mr. L. K Advani and General Musharraf--- all children of
Partition. General Musharraf  originally from Delhi, adjusted to his situation
and rose to become President of Pakistan,
 Dr. Manmohan Singh, originally from Pakistan, has risen to be Prime Minister
of India whilst Mr L. K Advani, originally from Pakistan,  rose to become
Dy.(NO. 2) Prime Minister of India. Overweening ambition however goes before a
downfall. Wonder whether Dr.Manmohan Singh would also succumb.

It appears that the right-wing apologists have conveniently forgotten to draw
parallels between Breivik , Aseemanand,Dara Singh, Narendra Modi, Advani
and others of similar persuasion. Like Breivik these
individuals are  undertrials. Some of them unfortunately roam freely quite
unlike Breivik in Norway.

It is not that we are for or against any religion whatsoever. It is the
right-wing ideology in India akin to that of Hitler which we find
distressing--- an ideology that could lead to the dismembering of our great
country.

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA,THAT IS BHARAT! MAY IT NEVER BE DISMEMBERED.
MAY ALL CITIZENS PROSPER.

Gerry