Incentive of Rs1,000 for girl child

Girl students will receive cash incentive of 1,000 each from Classes I to XII
to purchase school uniforms and text books at the beginning of each academic
year under a new scheme approved by the state government. The scheme has been
notified this week as per the chief minister's assurance in his budget speech
for 2011-12. Girl students studying from Classes V to XII will also get 1,000
each for purchase of a chair and a table with table lamp. The scheme which will
come into force from the current academic year 2011-12 will be called 'Cash
incentives for purchase of school uniform/text books/furniture for Girl
Students, studying in Std I to Std XII, 2011'. Financial provision for its
implementation has already been made. [TOI]