Dear Sir,

Kindly publish my below letter in your esteem daily and have a copy sent to Mr. Edward Faleiro and the members of his office team as I do not have their e-mail address. Appreciate if you could acknowledge receipt of this email.

I was on a short break to Goa during the recent Eid holidays and this is the same aircraft I flew in from Goa to Kuwait Monday evening, and this mishap took place while on its return flight Kuwait-Goa-Chenai.

This mishap was a very serious “Near Miss” and Thank God that all passengers were safe. This unfortunate mishap should server as an eye opener to the Civil Aviation Ministry, Air India and other concerned authorities. It is high time that the concerned authorities stop playing with the lives of the passengers. It has been years now that Air India is flying these ageing Airbus 320 Aircrafts in the Gulf sector, and for quite sometime now we Goans in Kuwait have been hearing that these very old Airbus 320 aircrafts were to be de-fleeted from the Air India (Indian Airline) Fleet and were to be replaced by new ones. So far this has not happened.

These old aircrafts are really in a very bad condition, they rattle on take off, and in turbulent weather it really scares and makes one feel unsecured. The air-conditioning system is very poor, the toilets are so bad with broken seat, floor carpet is not fixed properly, some of the inclined seats are just going down without pressing the button, some tray tables are just rattling and falling off the holder and there is a lot more to add to this. It is so surprising that Air India is flying these old aircrafts on International routes where as they are flying the new ones in the domestic sector which has full in-house entertainment. Just imagine there is no TV to provide in-house entrainment to the passengers. I am attaching some pictures which I have clicked during my recent visit to Goa which will give the readers an insight on the condition of the aircraft. Is this how the Government of India treats the Gulf based NRI’s?

Photos:     http://bit.ly/AI975-05Sep11

On behalf of like mined Goans in Kuwait I kindly request Mr. Edward Faleiro Commissionerfor NRI Affairs, holding the rank of a Cabinet Minister., to look into this matter very seriously and take this issue very strongly with the concerned authorities to take immediate corrective action to have good aircrafts on the gulf route.

Thanks and kind regards,

Mario Rebello
Kuwait