 aloof attitude.Camilo Fernandes
From: "floriano" <floriano.l...@gmail.com>Subject: Re: [Goanet] Why this apathy
about doing something positiveandconcrete for Goa? !My Gawd, Carmen.What are
you saying??"Goans as a community?"Naaaaah !!!!There is no such thing as the
Goan community.Unless it is for parties, weddings, birthday celebrations ....
for free boozing and hogging.Otherwise???Goans are mercenaries. Each one to
himself and Goa for all, including ghantis.And the punch line is:The so called
'catholic goans' is not a community at allexcept for funerals and feasts ( as
you said, of all saints in HEAVEN)Cheers to the NON-COMMUNITY GOANS.florianoPS:
Didn't you know that GOEMKARANCHER DEVA-CHEM MALDISSAUM PODLAM MHUN???Just the
thing that stops them from getting together for a 'good common cause'.And this
is what my late dad had to say to the local carpenter when he had flopped on a
job." Zanoi mureh 'Gunulea' ! Tumcher carpinterancher deva'chem maldissaum
podlam. Kiteak tumkam char (4) khile dille taka khurs
 ar marcheak. Tor tumim tachea donui attancher (hands) don khile marle and
donuii paim ektaim korun eok khilo marlo and eok khilo bolsan ghalun ghara
velo":-)AND I TEND TO THINK THAT ALL GOANS (including me and Digamber Kamat )
ARE BLOODY CARPENTERSCheers----- Original Message ----- From: "Carmen Miranda"
<carmitamira...@gmail.com>To: <goa...@goanet.org>Sent: Wednesday, October 19,
2011 5:05 AMSubject: [Goanet] Why this apathy about doing something positive
andconcrete for Goa?
 the barrier of 1000 signatures in the Goanet link petition for theprotection
of our Western Ghats is proving to be more difficult thanbreaking the sound
barrier!All over the world, Goans as a community seem to be quick at
celebratingtheir ?Goaness? with dinners and dances and picnics, and endless
feastscelebrating every saint in the heavens above. Moreover, members of
thisforum in particular spend a lot of time writing
  and reading copious texts ona huge range of subjects from our heritage,
history, religion, culture,medicine, corruption ?you name it, and we read about
it here?.Carmen Miranda