On 23 Dec 2011, at 09:35, Goan Welfare Society Nairobi wrote:

> Dear GWS Members,
>
> Wow!!! the year has flown by and now it is time to say good-bye to 2011.  The
> GWS Chairman & Management Committee would like to wish all the Members,
> friends and associates of the Goan Welfare Society a Very Merry Christmas and
> a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year, 2012, we thank you for the support
> you have so generously accorded us over the year.
>
> The Chairman and his enthusiastic team have kept you updated with news,
> organised functions and ensured those that mattered most to the GWS, namely
> the widowed and elderly were taken cared off.  This started off with the
> Senior's Day organised by Marilyn Miranda and her super fabulous team, held
> on 7th August, 2011.  The senior citizens were thoroughly spoilt for food,
> music, prizes for the various games organised and left with goodie bags - one
> would envy.
>
> On the same day, the fundraising team,  headed by Sheila Lobo and her
> sub-committee, got the ball rolling with the Car Boot Sale.  The event was a
> roaring success, being the first, with over 20 cars, and this realised a net
> profit of KShs.:48,000.00.

> Still keeping the party mood on, the Goa Day celebrations started with the
> Family Football Tournament, which saw various villages battle for the top
> position. The children weaved their way through their Mums but at the end of
> the day, Mums always know best! The celebrations were held on 22nd August,
> 2011, which  also proved to be a success. The people were treated to an
> authentic Goan luncheon, palm tree deco and pulsating Goan and international
> music. The young and the old graced the occasion dressed in sari which
> prominently portrayed their pride at being Goan. The luncheon function ended
> into the late evening. The youngsters could not get enough of the music.

> The Anniversary of the GWS on 13th October, 2011, was celebrated with a Mass
> at St. Jude's Chapel followed by a get-together in the church compound. Being
> the feast of St. Jude, the usual congregation were impressed to note that we
> spared precious time to be thankful for what we have achieved.  There was
> plenty to eat and drink. Hot coffee and tea were welcomed as the evening
> began to be chilly.
>
> The highlight of the year was the annual football tournament headed by our
> ever hard working fund raising committee Sheila Lobo.  This time, her team
> exceeded beyond excel. We had over 18 corporates -old and new - taking part.
> Towards the end of the day the rains came the spectators were treated to
> uncanny moves as the games went on until a winner was got.
>
> This 4th Annual Football Tournament, our major fund raiser, realised its
> target of one million Kenya Shillings, net profit.
>
> The GWS has purchased two- three bed roomed flats in Thika, known as the
> Flame Tree Project.  A nice asset to fall on when hard time come knocking by.

> [...]

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Great things are achieved when Goans come together !!
World Alliance of Goan Associations

rene barreto
GOANWORLD:
http://worldgoan.blogspot.com/

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

  Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php