Oh my dear!! So sad to read that many of us lack intellectual vibrancy!! Having said that, if the administration and postings of articles of the Goanet were left to intellectuals only, the question is posed: How many posters and how many articles would we have on Goanet? Would there indeed be 'The Goanet' in existence? Can any one fathom this possibility? A word of appreciation, affirmation and kindness is all that we, living human beings, ask for.
Be blessed!

 ---------

Lastly might I add to the exhaustive list you put out a few days ago in thanking all those connected with Goanet,?that the most important ingredient of goanet, is its posters. Without posters, goanet ceases to exist. When I joined, goanet was the place to be. It had the creme de la creme of posters. Today, it has lost much of that intellectual vibrancy. Some posters have sadly passed away. Some are estranged from goanet. Yet others are busy with their hectic lives. It behooves us all to be genuinely kind to each other if we are to retain this community of Goans.
---------

Intellectual, from the New Oxford American Dictionary
As a role, an intellectual is a person who uses intellect in either a professional or an individual capacity. As a substantive or adjective, it refers to the work product of such persons, to the so- called "life of the mind" generally, or an aspect of something where learning, erudition and informed and critical thinking are the focus, as in "the intellectual level of the discourse on the matter was not high". The intellectual is a specific variety of the intelligent, which unlike the general property, is strictly associated with reason and thinking. For example, while one might be described as having "genius", as a surgeon, quarterback, or sculptor, one would not generally be called an intellectual in those roles, at least in the performance of them, in the way excellence in same roles can be recognised as "genius". Some of these cases make clear the distinction between the intellectual class and the "intelligentsia", to the extent that they are in fact distinct assignments. Traditionally, the scholarly and the intellectual classes were closely identified, today, however, most intellectual are not scholars. More broadly, any work of the mind may be termed intellectual property, whether or not its content is "intellectual" in the sense covered in this articles.

                      Protect Goa's natural beauty

                   Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

 Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php