.

 I  suffered from persistent colds for years with - as you describe - that
yucky mucus(y) feeling in the throat and constant well-meaning instructions by
all and sundry "No chilled drinks, no icecreams" etc etc.  Some months ago I
was visiting my son in Dubai and his domestic help saw my condition and gave
me the following remedy for which I will thank her for the rest of my days.
Squeeze one lemon in three-fourths cup of warm water, add a tablespoon of honey
and a  pinch of salt, stir well and drink on waking up in the morning on an
empty stomach.  Breakfast may follow in half an hour.

I never suffered from a cold again and also, it energises me for the rest of
the day.  Diabetics need to consult their doctors due to the honey content.

Bernice Pereira

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

  Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php