This accident is very sad as so many people including little kids have lost
their lives.  For some days there will be tears shed and condolences expressed
and after that everything goes back to normal.

Looking at  the larger picture, is this accident  or any other accident in
Goa for that matter surprising.  I think not.  My honest opinion is, there are
no driving rules.  As long as one has the guts to get on to the road, one
drives.  This is "one of the most" indisciplined and unruly state in the
country.  Driving at breakneck speed on narrow roads without care or concern
for pedestrians or others drivers is "very normal" behaviour.  People come to
Goa from other states, hire a bike, get drunk and the rest is what is left in
the hands of the Lord above. Amen.

Bernice Pereira

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve