Carvalho wrote:
Dear NRI Commissioner,
We will miss you. You spoke our language, the last of the refined Goan
politicians who knew their Chardonnay from their Savignon Blanc. Who could
switch seamlessly between Konkani, Portuguese and English. You served your
state well and gave an air of sophistication to the NRI cell.

Selma Carvalho,
1) The above would have been a nice 'thank you' note had you not included the
ex-commissioners knowledge of alcoholic drinks.
2) I am looking forward to meeting the next NRI Commissioner. Hopefully, he
will be one of the newly elected politicians.
3) I think that the time has also come where Indian Citizens working abroad
should directly be able to vote for who will represent them in Goa.         The
current situation of, "this is your representative, work with him till
the current govt falls" is not adequate.

Mervyn Lobo

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

  Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php