Antonio Menezes wrote:
>> Mervyn Maciel ( Jul 10 ) wrote: ''' ..... I have a feeling that Goans in
>> Tanganyika ( Tanzania )  far better than those of us in Kenya ?  '''
>
> Response:  Undoubtedly

Antonio,
Well thanks for your comment.

If you are in Toronto this weekend,  how about checking out the Tanzanite
picnic?

Appox 500 to 700 people turn up every year for an event that has free parking,
no admission charge, yet free food for kids and organised games starting from
the four year olds and for every age group up to those in their nineties.
Lardis, whist, darts, volleyball, soccer, tug-of-war, line dancing, tombola,
etc., etc. are to be enjoyed with every winner receiving a price. The
more popular sports have floating trophies. Here is a picture of last years
winners stand:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45002663@N00/5928101819/sizes/l/

Lemonade is served the entire day and at 5.00 pm, one gets Tanzanian tea and
fresh mandazi's. If these are not your beverages of choice, come over to my
cool box and make some discoveries. The only catch is that you bring a good
voice for the sing song at the end of the evening.

Needless to say, I think this is the best Goan picnic in the world. The only
one that comes close is the one organised by the Goans from Karachi. Their
overnight picnic, held half way between their centers of Toronto and Montreal
is a class by itself.

Mervyn2012