----- Forwarded Message -----
From: John Gomes <johnericgo...@yahoo.com>
To: Goanet Org <goa...@goanet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 18 July 2012 12:27 PM
Subject: Guwahati Molestation Incident

The molestation of a girl in Guwahati is now big news and with all the media
reportage, I cannot understand why the victim has been absolutely whisked away
without noting her complete side of the story, neither are the two boys and
girls she was with been interviewed nor her friends at the pub or their parents
or those of the culprits, and that should be bigger news than what is being
bandied about! What about the altercation in the bar and/or the bouncers/people
who are alleged to have thrown them out?The fact that this happened as early as
9.30 PM on the busy GS road with the free for all stripping and molesting of
teen aged girl is a shameful indication of where our society and governance is
heading!
The case is complicated with a powerful Ministers wife owning the channel that
is responsible for filming and airing the same. Many questions are being asked
regarding how the mob permitted close filming and even helped in doing so!The
ethics of news reporting for TRPs and police action/behaviour is also under the
scanner.
In the meantime real investigation and justice suffers. Social behaviour starts
with parental guidance, morality of the citizens and civilised behaviour with
respect for women and the laws of the land.When we are unable to ensure that
the lawmakers and those who implement the law are morally upright people,
society is doomed.
  • ... John Gomes
    • ... John Gomes
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
      • ... Gabe Menezes