Folks,
As some of you know, the Tanzanians in Toronto have an annual dance during our
Thanksgiving, which is always the first weekend of October. This is also a long
weekend in the US and people there do make the effort to visit Toronto. The day
after the formal Tanzanite dance, the Zanzibari's here organize a family event
called the Zando. This year, the St. Joseph's Convent School, Dar es Salaam had
its re-union in Toronto too and people from all over the world including
Tanzania, the US, the UK, France, Denmark, S. Africa, India, Australia, etc.
etc. were in town to celebrate. The reunion had more than 600 attendees.

The chief guest at the Tanzanite function was a Masai, who is the Head of
Chancery at the Tanzanian High Commission in Ottawa. He too is an alumni of
SJCS. The ambassador could not make it to the functions as the President of the
United Republic of Tanzania was on an official visit to Ottawa.

For those interested, here are a few unedited clips shot by my hand held,
pocket camera. Some of you will notice that the music at these events is
similar to what is played at Goan events in London, Mumbai and even Goa. One
video has in it the person who I think is the prettiest girl in the world. She
is wearing a green dress.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45002663@N00/sets/72157631732777668/

Mervyn