It really baffles me why all of us spend so much time and energy debating what happened in the distant past, when this can never be 100% confirmed as the last word in accuracy. These issues only serve to polarise our society even further. What does it matter anyway unless there is some lesson to be learnt by all of us? WE cannot undo the past. WHat is very important in my opinion is the manner in which we are charting our course TODAY and the manner in which we are living our lives here and now. Because, most of us are anyway failing to live up to our respective scriptures, or else our society would not be in the state that it is today. We are framing our doctors' pictures and prescriptions on the wall, but are we really swallowing the doctors medicine? Makes better sense to spend our time doing something to improve ourselves and our community today, rather than remaining mired in an irrelevant past.

Diana Pinto