'Further problems emerge because this documentary tries to understand Goa’s
traditional practices through a nationalistic lens where one origin is sought
and where Christianity is understood and is brushed aside as an historical
accident. Take for instance the comments of Pandurang Phaldesai, (then) Member
Secretary, Kala Academy, Goa: “Our ancestors have the same roots. Same culture.
Due to historical accidents (itihasik apghat) two religions emerged. But our
culture remained the same. Our heritage is the harmony that we have
maintained.”'

Read more @
http://daleluismenezes.blogspot.in/2013/07/dancing-to-same-old-tune.html

Dale Luis Menezes