I've finally managed to read the whole thread. Thanks for your explanations on the ISO layout, it makes more sense now (I was still using the old structure to develop my custom distro at the Uni, so had no time to look deeper on that again).

On 3/10/06, Carlo Calica <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Generated files should be added to the BuildRoot script rather than MME.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what does MME stands for?

I'd like to also work on the PPC port.  Specifically creating a LiveCD
for it.  Hopefully we can ship one not to long after 013.  To do that
I have a few questions.

Cool!

How to use a cross-compile feature of Compile.  I've built a toolchain
using cross-tool.  I have GcC 4.01 and Glibc 2.3.5 toolchains for 7450
and 750.  I think that is G3 and G4 but I forgot which is which.  I'd
like use unknown but not sure how to generate it with cross-tool.
I'll need this toolchain for DistCC after bootstrap so getting it
right is worth it.  ANY experiences for cross toolchains is welcome.
What version GCC and Glibc should be used for PPC 013?  I've built a
git-derived kernel using the cross-tool compiler.  i've yet to try
booting it.  Maybe this could be done by Linux recipe.

You must write a Cross-PPC.conf file. For now, it has some mandatory variables which are referenced by Compile and by Bootstrap (new GoboFromScratch's name). I've just commited a new Cross-ARM.conf and my Cross-SH4.conf, too. I've added more comments into these files so that it becomes easier to write new rules for other platforms.

Given that your Cross-PPC.conf file is written, you can test it by doing a 'Compile --cross-compile PPC <program>'.

I'm always using Listener as a is_makefile test, and Strace as is_compileprogram test. I've just uploaded my cross-aware Strace recipe.

How to bootstrap GCC/Glibc/native toolchain using ChrootCompile using
cross compiler.  This is should be handled by Luca's GoboFromScratch.
Maybe that can output a bunch of packages.  If not, BuildRoot should
be able to use generated /Programs.

It should work, just let me know of any problems you run there.

--
Lucas