On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Sergio Tortosa Benedito <serto...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, since this is not longer a user thing I wanted to put this there.
> I'm still working on ALFS, though, I'm starting to find ALFS unreliable and
> complicated and wondering whether we should start working on our own
> system. This may have been asked before but, there's any reason against it
> (other than "not enough manpower")?

Hi Sergio,

Which issues are you having with ALFS? I was actually considering to fully
embrace ALFS and BLFS at some point, as their recipes work quite well for
bootstrapping purposes. Perhaps if you switch to the stable JHALFS rather
than the development snapshot things get more stable?

I did develop a while back a tool called BootStrap. The problem is not to
develop the beast, but rather to maintain it (and then we have the manpower
issue.) Moreover, I would like to be able to focus our energy on things
that matter for us, which include the GoboLinux Scripts/Compile tools and
file system virtualization ideas. The less time we spend on the compilation
and arrangement of the base+desktop packages, the better. Otherwise it
becomes too much of a monkey business for us.

Best regards,
Lucas