Greetings all,

As we are about to start working towards a new release, I'd like to ask for
help in a few minor things.

For a long time we've created our own recipes for Perl and Python packages.
However, most of these packages are also available on CPAN and PIP. Since
the Compile tool integrates with both CPAN and PIP there is no reason to
keep maintaining said recipes.

For example, instead of having a Dependency file stating a dependency on
Perl's XML parser as:
   Perl-XML-Parser

one can rewrite that Dependency file so that it reads:
   CPAN:XML::Parser

In this case, Compile will delegate the installation of XML::Parser to
CPAN. The same concept applies to PIP (e.g.: PIP:curl replacing PycURL).

Having said that, we're looking for help with the following tasks:

1) to identify all recipes that could be deprecated because they are
already featured in CPAN or PIP
2) to replace occurrences of these recipes names in Dependencies files of
existing recipes

If you are up to the task, these are the resources that you'll need:
* https://github.com/gobolinux/Recipes
  This is where all recipes are maintained. You'll need to check the name
of each recipe and to parse <recipedir>/*/Resources/Dependencies

* "pip search"
   This will list all packages available through PIP

* http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html
  A list of packages available through CPAN

Please let me know if you'd like to work on these items. I'll be happy to
help with any questions you may have.

Thanks!
Lucas