On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 1:41 PM, darkphas de lône <darkp...@yandex.com>
wrote:

> I tried to patch 4.x ( specifically 4.7-rc1 ) kernel with gobohide patch.
> A few lines failed due to change. Hand patched those lines.
> Compilation failed due to introduction of new functions ( namely
> file_inode() , file_dentry )
> After trying to change the code of gobohide.c as little as I can
> compilation went thru.
> Listing is no problem because no inode to list at all.
> But trying to hide was disastrous. Of course I crashed the kernel.
>
> What can be done to make the patch run with 4.x line.
> Should I try to convert all relevant code to use new functions, or things
> are more complicated then that?

Hi,

I have worked on the patch a couple of months ago and just synced it with
Linus' tree again. I haven't tried to compile it this time as I am running
low on batteries, but I presume it should work fine.

You can pull it straight from my Git tree and then diff the 'gobohide'
branch against 'master' to extract it:

$ git clone https://github.com/lucasvr/linux-gobohide
$ cd linux-gobohide
$ git diff master gobohide