Thanks. I'm wondering how I can test my UI efficiently with gomobile.  So,
I will create a responsive design as you recommend, but I still want to
test my app at explicit screen sizes to mimic the actual user experience,
rather than approximate it.

The use case is someone who wants to support iPhone 4 and up. Most
designers would want to test their UI against the actual screen size of the
iPhone 4, 5, 6 and 6+, even if the UI is built to be fully responsive in
between those sizes. Right now, to my knowledge there's not an easy way to
do that.

Also, Android best practices does recommend as an option creating a unique
UI/layout for each screen size you want to support (
https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html#support "How
To Support Multiple Screens"). If I'm following that option, I'd want to be
able to easily launch my application at different screen sizes to test my
screen-specific code.

Developers might also want to send screenshots to their clients, like:
http://designbump.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Flat-iPhone-Mock-Up-Display.jpg
.

If we could expose the height/width to the API, it would solve these issues.

Another option would be to simply launch the app inside an emulator, but
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do that. Plus, the refresh rate on
launching emulators is usually pretty bad.

Andy