I think a better question is:  can go tools for formal verification become
available?  The distinction is that formal verification tools can be
applied to
hardware, protocols, assembly, software, etc.   Why not do that in go?

Most such tools are in C or C++, and the low level engines/components are
highly optimised.  Go can easily compete with "standard" C/C++, i.e.
software which has not been highly optimised.  It also provides enough
low-level access to be competitive against highly optimised C/C++ (e.g.
assembly, precision of memory representations) but it takes work.

One of the research initiatives we are taking up is "scalable cloud
 architectures for formal technologies".  Basically, composable cloud
microservices for formal technologies like model checking, SAT/BDD/SMT,
theorem proving, as well as encoders for verification problems, etc, but in
terms of deployment in the cloud.  A related startup is satalia.  Go is a
natural fit for this initiative, and we already have some results with go.

I think the biggest obstacle to formal tools targeting analysis of go
programs is formal representations in the golang "go" package.  Once that
is available, things will start to snowball.